The THE Awards are widely recognised as the Oscars of the higher education sector.
Each year we attract hundreds of entries that exemplify the talent, dedication and innovation of individuals and teams across all aspects of university life, showing us countless reasons why our institutions continue to prosper.
And after our esteemed judging panel has toiled over this treasure trove of excellence, our awards evening – where well over a thousand people gather for dinner in London’s largest available room – gives us the perfect opportunity to celebrate and reflect on the extraordinary breadth and depth of our higher education sector.
As ever, the THE Awards are free to enter, and open to all UK higher education institutions.
This year’s categories are as follows:
- Excellence and Innovation in the Arts
- International Collaboration of the Year
- Outstanding Contribution to Leadership Development
- Business School of the Year
- Technological Innovation of the Year
- Widening Participation or Outreach Initiative of the Year
- Research Project of the Year: Arts, Humanities & Social Sciences
- Research Project of the Year: STEM
- University of the Year
- Outstanding Research Supervisor of the Year
- Most Innovative Teacher of the Year
- International Impact Award
- Outstanding Support for Students
- Outstanding Contribution to the Local Community
- Outstanding Entrepreneurial University
- THE DataPoints Merit Award
- Most Innovative Contribution to Business-University Collaboration
- The Lord Dearing Lifetime Achievement Award
Please click here to see the full criteria.
The winners will be revealed at our gala awards evening at the Grosvenor House Hotel, Park Lane, London on Thursday 29 November 2018.