The THE Awards are widely recognised as the Oscars of the higher education sector.
Each year we attract hundreds of entries that exemplify the talent, dedication and innovation of individuals and teams across all aspects of university life, showing us countless reasons why our institutions continue to prosper.
And after our esteemed judging panel has toiled over this treasure trove of excellence, our awards evening – where traditionally well over a thousand people gather for dinner in the Great Room at London's world-renowned Grosvenor House Hotel – gives us the perfect opportunity to celebrate and reflect on the extraordinary breadth and depth of our higher education sector.
As ever, the THE Awards are free to enter, and open to anyone involved in UK higher education.
The winners will be revealed during a virtual ceremony on 26 November 2020.
This year’s categories are:
- Business School of the Year
- International Collaboration of the Year
- Knowledge Exchange/Transfer Initiative of the Year
- Most Innovative Teacher of the Year
- Outstanding Contribution to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
- Outstanding Contribution to the Local Community
- Outstanding Entrepreneurial University
- Outstanding Estates Strategy
- Outstanding Library Team
- Outstanding Marketing/Communications Team
- Outstanding Research Supervisor of the Year
- Outstanding Support for Students
- Outstanding Technician of the Year
- Research Project of the Year: Arts, Humanities & Social Sciences
- Research Project of the Year: STEM
- Technological or Digital Innovation of the Year
- Widening Participation or Outreach Initiative of the Year
- THE DataPoints Merit Award
- THE Outstanding Achievement Award
- University of the Year
THE Awards will be hosted in the Awards Room which will be accessible via the virtual platform. This special room has been specifically designed to mimic the interactiveness that delegates enjoy at our face-to-face events, and will give you the opportunity to:
- Enjoy networking opportunities through pre- and post-event access to the platform
- Interact live with attendees via private meetings, and invite them to join your network
- Socialise by tweeting about the event, and see your tweets appear live on the Twitter Wall
- Revisit the awards on-demand after the event
Watch the video below to find out about the various features included in the Awards Room.